The FROEBEL TRUST
Welcome to The FROEBEL TRUST website.
The FROEBEL TRUST has been formed through the demerger of the Incorporated Froebel Educational Institute (IFEI) into two separate charities: The FROEBEL TRUST and Ibstock Place School.
Ibstock Place School grew from one of the original IFEI demonstration schools and is now a leading provider of education up to and including Sixth Form. It now has its own independent charitable status and is not part of The FROEBEL TRUST.
All of the non-school Froebelian aspects of IFEI have been relaunched as The FROEBEL TRUST. The charity has moved to new premises at Clarence Lodge adjacent to Roehampton University, and will continue to provide a focus on, and promote, the principles of early year's education developed by Friedrich Froebel through:
- research grants across leading universities;
- PhD bursaries;
- conferences and seminars;
- the development of teaching materials;
- the support of Froebelian kindergartens both in the UK and abroad;
- working with other charities and NGO's to provide education to underprivileged communities;
- influencing and contributing to the development of the UK early years teaching framework;
- continuing professional development for practitioners;
- publications and literature; and,
- advice, assistance, information and guidance.
We are continuing to develop the work of the Trust and reach out to new practitioners and institutions in the UK and abroad.
Please contact us if you require any further information. PLEASE NOTE that our office, and personal email addresses have changed.